Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Seduced, I tell you.

I am helpless in the face of it.

To quote the brilliant Rhys Ifans in Knotting Hill, "It's a combination of factors, really."







First there was this:

yummy!

(in the blue violet colorway, which for some reason (might be my computer) I can't find a good image of. But trust me, it is the most beautiful deep periwinkle EVER.)

mmmmmmmm ohhhhhhhhhh oooooooooh so soft and cuddly and wonderful and such a joy to knit with. Makes my fingers so happy.

And then there was this:



OMG OMG OMG so freakin' flippin' GORGEOUS and elegant and stuff. I swoon.

I've been drooling over this dressing gown in Jennie Atkinson's Romantic Style for a few weeks now, ever since we got it in at the shop where I work. I swear, that book is the prettiest knitting book I've ever seen. And the patterns! Oh, the patterns. I wish I had time to knit everything in it.

So, put those two together and I am SEDUCED. No one can blame me for buying the book and 18 balls of alpaca blend. (OK, so I have the yarn on hold and am buying it a couple of balls at a time. I'm not made of money, yo. Anyway it is totally

WORTH.

IT.)

So I have powered through the first ball, only 17 more to go. I'm imagining myself wearing it on Christmas morning, and the beauty has magically caused my hair to be perfect upon waking, so this year's Christmas morning pictures? They will be suitable for sharing! yay!

Good plan!

No comments: